Whether or not we are aware of it, we all live our everyday lives by a set of values that shape how we think and react. Values are beliefs and ideas about how people should behave which have been formed by our childhoods, families, backgrounds, cultures, religions and relationships. Whilst we each have our own values there are values which are important for working in health and social care.
Six values are now recognised as applying to health and social care workers. These are known as ‘The 6 Cs’:
- Care: having someone’s best interests at heart and doing what you can to maintain or improve their well-being
- Compassion: being able to feel for someone, to understand them and their situation
- Competence: to understand what someone needs and have the knowledge and skills to provide it
- Communication: to listen carefully but also be able to speak and act in a way that the person can understand
- Courage: not to have fear to try out new things or to say if you are concerned about anything
- Commitment: dedication to providing care and support but also understanding the responsibility you have as a worker
This course meets the learning outcomes of standard 5 of the Care Certificate.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
This course comes with 3.0 hours of CPD, although the time to complete the course online may be less than this. Total course time includes 35 minutes of video training as well as knowledge reviews, final test, remedial help and reviewing downloaded material.